stowed position. If necessary, slide the latch plate
down the webbing to allow the seat belt to retract
Lap/Shoulder Belt Untwisting Procedure
Use the following procedure to untwist a twisted lap/
1. Position the latch plate as close as possible to the
2. At about 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30 cm) above the latch
plate, grasp and twist the seat belt webbing 180° to
create a fold that begins immediately above the latch
3. Slide the latch plate upward over the folded webbing.
The folded webbing must enter the slot at the top of
the latch plate.
4. Continue to slide the latch plate up until it clears the
folded webbing and the seat belt is no longer twisted.
Seat Belt Extender
If a seat belt is not long enough to fit properly, even when
the webbing is fully extended and the adjustable upper
shoulder belt anchorage (if equipped) is in its lowest
position, your authorized dealer can provide you with a
Seat Belt Extender. The Seat Belt Extender should be used
only if the existing seat belt is not long enough. When the
Seat Belt Extender is not required for a different occu-
pant, it must be removed.
• ONLY use a Seat Belt Extender if it is physically
required in order to properly fit the original seat
belt system. DO NOT USE the Seat Belt Extender
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE