new battery with your fingers. Skin oils may cause
battery deterioration. If you touch a battery, clean it
with rubbing alcohol.
4. To assemble the RKE transmitter case, snap the two
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and
RSS 210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the
• This device may not cause harmful interference.
• This device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired op-
Changes or modifications not expressly approved
by the party responsible for compliance could void the
user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your RKE transmitter fails to operate from a normal
distance, check for these two conditions:
1. A weak battery in the transmitter. The expected life of
the battery is a minimum of three years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB
• Do not touch the exhaust pipe sill covers when
entering or exiting your vehicle. They can be hot
enough to burn you. Observe the warning labels on
each door closure panel.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE