6. To release the belt, push the red button on the buckle.
The seat belt will automatically retract to its stowed
position. If necessary, slide the latch plate down the
webbing to allow the seat belt to retract fully.
Lap/Shoulder Belt Untwisting Procedure
Use the following procedure to untwist a twisted lap/
1. Position the latch plate as close as possible to the
2. At about 6 to 12 in (15 to 30 cm) above the latch plate,
grasp and twist the seat belt webbing 180 degrees to create
a fold that begins immediately above the latch plate.
3. Slide the latch plate upward over the folded webbing.
The folded webbing must enter the slot at the top of
the latch plate.
4. Continue to slide the latch plate up until it clears the
folded webbing and the seat belt is no longer twisted.
Adjustable Upper Shoulder Belt Anchorage
In the driver and front passenger seats, the top of the
shoulder belt can be adjusted upward or downward to
position the seat belt away from your neck. Push or
squeeze the anchorage button to release the anchorage, and
move it up or down to the position that serves you best.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE