Consider the following items when computing the
weight on the rear axle of the vehicle:
• The tongue weight of the trailer.
• The weight of any other type of cargo or equipment
put in or on your vehicle.
• The weight of the driver and all passengers.
Remember that everything put into or on the
trailer adds to the load on your vehicle. Also, additional
factory-installed options or authorized dealer-installed
options must be considered as part of the total load on
your vehicle. Refer to the “Tire And Loading Informa-
tion” placard for the maximum combined weight of
occupants and cargo for your vehicle.
To promote proper break-in of your new vehicle drive-
train components the following guidelines are recom-
• Do not tow a trailer at all during the first 500 miles
(805 km) the new vehicle is driven. The engine, axle
or other parts could be damaged.
• Then, during the first 500 miles (805 km) that a
trailer is towed, do not drive over 50 mph (80 km/h)
and do not make starts at full throttle. This helps
the engine and other parts of the vehicle wear in at
the heavier loads.
STARTING AND OPERATING