3. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK/OFF position.
4. Wait approximately 10 seconds.
5. Restart the engine.
6. Shift into the desired gear range. If the problem is no
longer detected, the transmission will return to normal
Even if the transmission can be reset, we recom-
mend that you visit your authorized dealer at your
earliest possible convenience. Your authorized dealer has
diagnostic equipment to determine if the problem could
If the transmission cannot be reset, authorized dealer
service is required.
The automatic transmission includes an electronically
controlled Overdrive (top gear). The transmission will
automatically shift into Overdrive if the following con-
ditions are present:
• The shift lever is in the DRIVE position.
• The transmission fluid has reached an adequate tem-
• The engine coolant has reached an adequate tempera-
• The vehicle speed is sufficiently high.
• The driver is not heavily pressing the accelerator.
STARTING AND OPERATING