3. Continue to push and hold the HomeLink® button,
while you push and release (“cycle”) your hand-held
transmitter every two seconds until HomeLink® has
successfully accepted the frequency signal. The indi-
cator light will flash slowly and then rapidly when
4. Watch for the HomeLink® indicator to change flash
rates. When it changes, it is programmed. It may take
up to 30 seconds or longer in rare cases. The garage
door may open and close while you are programming.
5. Push and hold the programmed HomeLink® button
and observe the indicator light.
• If the indicator light stays on constantly, program-
ming is complete and the garage door/device should
activate when the HomeLink® button is pushed.
• To program the two remaining HomeLink® buttons,
repeat each step for each remaining button. DO NOT
erase the channels.
If you unplugged the garage door opener/device for
programming, plug it back in at this time.
Reprogramming A Single HomeLink® Button
To reprogram a channel that has been previously trained,
follow these steps:
1. Cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position.
2. Push and hold the desired HomeLink® button until
the indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. Do
not release the button.
“Canadian/Gate Operator Programming” step 2 and
follow all remaining steps.
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE