Jacking And Changing A Tire
Carefully follow these tire changing warnings to
help prevent personal injury or damage to your
• Always park on a firm, level surface as far from the
edge of the roadway as possible before raising the
• Turn on the Hazard Warning flasher.
• Block the wheel diagonally opposite the wheel to
• Set the parking brake firmly and set an automatic
transmission in PARK; a manual transmission in
• Never start or run the engine with the vehicle on a
• Do not let anyone sit in the vehicle when it is on a
• Do not get under the vehicle when it is on a jack. If
you need to get under a raised vehicle, take it to a
service center where it can be raised on a lift.
• Only use the jack in the positions indicated and for
lifting this vehicle during a tire change.
• If working on or near a roadway, be extremely
careful of motor traffic.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES