ENGINE BLOCK HEATER — IF EQUIPPED
The engine block heater warms the engine and permits
quicker starts in cold weather.
Connect the cord to a 110-115 Volt AC electrical outlet
with a grounded, three-wire extension cord.
The engine block heater is required for 1.4L Turbo engine
below -20°F (-29°C) and for the 2.4L engine below -29°F
(-34°C). It is recommended for the 2.0L engine and
2.4L engine below -20°F (-29°C).
The engine block heater cord is routed under the hood,
behind to the driver’s side headlamp. Follow the steps
below to properly use the engine block heater:
1. Locate the engine block heater cord (behind the
driver’s side headlamp).
2. Undo the Velcro strap that secures the heater cord in
3. Pull the cord to the front of the vehicle and plug it into
a grounded, three-wire extension cord.
4. After the vehicle is running, reattach the cord to the
Velcro strap and properly stow away behind the
driver’s side headlamp.
• The engine block heater cord is a factory installed
option. If your vehicle is not equipped, heater cords
are available from your authorized MOPAR® dealer.
• The engine block heater will require 110 Volts AC and
6.5 Amps to activate the heater element.
• The engine block heater must be plugged in at least
one hour to have an adequate warming effect on the
STARTING AND OPERATING