• Child Restraints
Important Safety Precautions
Please pay close attention to the information in this
section. It tells you how to use your restraint system
properly, to keep you and your passengers as safe as
Here are some simple steps you can take to minimize the
risk of harm from a deploying air bag:
1. Children 12 years old and under should always ride
buckled up in a vehicle with a rear seat.
2. If a child from 2 to 12 years old (not in a rear-facing
child restraint) must ride in the front passenger seat,
move the seat as far back as possible and use the
proper child restraint. (Refer to “Child Restraints”)
3. Children that are not big enough to wear the vehicle
seat belt properly (Refer to
ЉChild RestraintsЉ) should
be secured in a vehicle with a rear seat in child
restraints or belt-positioning booster seats. Older chil-
dren who do not use child restraints or belt-
positioning booster seats should ride properly buckled
up in a vehicle with a rear seat.
4. Never allow children to slide the shoulder belt behind
them or under their arm.
5. You should read the instructions provided with your
child restraint to make sure that you are using it
6. All occupants should always wear their lap and
shoulder belts properly.
7. The driver and front passenger seats should be moved
back as far as practical to allow the Advanced Front
Air Bags room to inflate.
8. Do not lean against the door or window. If your
vehicle has side air bags, and deployment occurs, the
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE