• When leaving the vehicle, always make sure the
ignition is in the OFF position, remove the Key Fob
from the vehicle, and lock the vehicle.
• Never leave children alone in a vehicle, or with
access to an unlocked vehicle. Allowing children to
be in a vehicle unattended is dangerous for a
number of reasons. A child or others could be
seriously or fatally injured. Children should be
warned not to touch the parking brake, brake pedal
or the transmission gear selector.
• Do not leave the Key Fob in or near the vehicle (or
in a location accessible to children), and do not
leave the ignition in the ACC or ON/RUN position.
A child could operate power windows, other con-
trols, or move the vehicle.
Damage to the transmission may occur if the follow-
ing precautions are not observed:
• Shift into or out of PARK or REVERSE only after
the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
• Do not shift between PARK, REVERSE, NEU-
TRAL, or DRIVE when the engine is above idle
• Before shifting into any gear, make sure your foot
is firmly pressing the brake pedal.
You must press and hold the brake pedal while
shifting out of PARK.
Key Ignition Park Interlock
This vehicle is equipped with a Key Ignition Park Inter-
lock which requires the transmission to be in PARK
before the engine can be turned off. This helps the driver
avoid inadvertently leaving the vehicle without placing
STARTING AND OPERATING