The shift lever must be in the NEUTRAL or PARK
position before you can start the engine. Apply the brakes
before shifting into any driving gear.
Damage to the transmission may occur if the follow-
ing precautions are not observed:
• Do not shift from REVERSE, PARK, or NEUTRAL
into any forward gear when the engine is above
• Shift into PARK only after the vehicle has come to
a complete stop.
• Shift into or out of REVERSE only after the vehicle
has come to a complete stop and the engine is at
• Before shifting into any gear, make sure your foot
is firmly on the brake pedal.
This feature allows the driver to oper-
ate the ignition switch with the push
of a button, as long as the Remote
Start/Keyless Enter-N-Go™ Key Fob
is in the passenger compartment.
Using The ENGINE START/STOP Button
1. The transmission must be in PARK or NEUTRAL.
STARTING AND OPERATING