Overloading of your tires is dangerous. Overloading
can cause tire failure, affect vehicle handling, and
increase your stopping distance. Use tires of the
recommended load capacity for your vehicle. Never
TIRES — GENERAL INFORMATION
Proper tire inflation pressure is essential to the safe and
satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Four primary areas
are affected by improper tire pressure:
• Safety and Vehicle Stability
• Tread Wear
• Ride Comfort
• Improperly inflated tires are dangerous and can
• Under-inflation increases tire flexing and can re-
sult in overheating and tire failure.
• Over-inflation reduces a tire’s ability to cushion
shock. Objects on the road and chuckholes can
cause damage that result in tire failure.
• Overinflated or under-inflated tires can affect ve-
hicle handling and can fail suddenly, resulting in
loss of vehicle control.
• Unequal tire pressures can cause steering prob-
lems. You could lose control of your vehicle.
• Unequal tire pressures from one side of the vehicle
to the other can cause the vehicle to drift to the
right or left.
STARTING AND OPERATING