explode and injure someone. Do not spin your vehi-
cle’s wheels faster than 30 mph (48 km/h) or for
longer than 30 seconds continuously without stop-
ping when you are stuck and do not let anyone near
a spinning wheel, no matter what the speed.
SHIFT LEVER OVERRIDE
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be
moved out of the PARK position, you can use the
following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Turn the engine OFF.
2. Firmly apply the parking brake.
3. Using a small screwdriver or similar tool, remove the
shift lever override access cover (located near the top
right of the shift lever in the instrument panel).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Insert the screwdriver or similar tool into the access hole,
and push and hold the override release lever forward.
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Shift Lever Override Access Cover
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES