4. Tongue weight rating for the trailer hitch uti-
Towing Requirements — Tires
• Do not attempt to tow a trailer while using a compact
• Proper tire inflation pressures are essential to the safe
and satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Refer to
“Tires – General Information” in “Starting And Oper-
ating” for proper tire inflation procedures.
• Check the trailer tires for proper tire inflation pres-
sures before trailer usage.
• Check for signs of tire wear or visible tire damage
before towing a trailer. Refer to “Tires – General
Information” in “Starting And Operating” for the
proper inspection procedure.
• When replacing tires, refer to “Tires – General Infor-
mation” in “Starting And Operating” for the proper
tire replacement procedures. Replacing tires with a
higher load carrying capacity will not increase the
vehicle’s GVWR and GAWR limits.
Towing Requirements — Trailer Brakes
• Do not interconnect the hydraulic brake system or
vacuum system of your vehicle with that of the trailer.
This could cause inadequate braking and possible
• An electronically actuated trailer brake controller is
required when towing a trailer with electronically
STARTING AND OPERATING