Before starting your vehicle, adjust your seat, adjust the
inside and outside mirrors, fasten your seat belt, and if
present, instruct all other occupants to buckle their seat
• When leaving the vehicle, always remove the key
fob from the ignition and lock your vehicle.
• Never leave children alone in a vehicle, or with
access to an unlocked vehicle.
• Allowing children to be in a vehicle unattended is
dangerous for a number of reasons. A child or
others could be seriously or fatally injured. Chil-
dren should be warned not to touch the parking
brake, brake pedal or the shift lever.
• Do not leave the key fob in or near the vehicle, or
in a location accessible to children. A child could
operate power windows, other controls, or move
The shift lever must be in the NEUTRAL or PARK
position before you can start the engine. Press the brake
pedal before shifting into any driving gear.
1. Do not press the accelerator.
2. Use the Fob with Integrated Key to briefly turn the
ignition switch to the START position and release it as
soon as the starter engages. The starter motor will
continue to run, and it will disengage automatically
when the engine is running.
STARTING AND OPERATING