• The ignition switch must be in the ON/RUN position
in order to drive the vehicle.
• The message “Remote Start Active — Key To Run” will
display in the EVIC until you insert and turn the key to
ON/RUN position. Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Infor-
mation Center (EVIC) in
ЉUnderstanding Your Instru-
ment Panel” for further information.
Cancel Remote Start
Remote Starting will also cancel if any of the following
• The engine stalls or engine speed exceeds 2500 rpm
• Any engine warning lights come on
• Low Fuel Light turns on
• The hood is opened
• The hazard switch is pressed
• The shift lever is moved out of PARK
• The engine is allowed to run for the entire 15-minute
• The brake pedal is pressed
To Turn Off The Engine While In Remote Start
Press and release the REMOTE START button 1 time or
allow the engine to run for the entire 15-minute cycle.
To avoid unintentional shutdowns while in the
Remote Start Mode, the system will not allow the Remote
Start button to shut down the engine for two seconds
after receiving a valid Remote Start request.
When To Reset Remote Start
The vehicle can be started remotely up to a maximum of
two times. The vehicle is also allowed a maximum of one
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE