• System not disabled from previous remote start event
• Vehicle security alarm not active
• Ignition in Off position
• Do not start or run an engine in a closed garage or
confined area. Exhaust gas contains Carbon Mon-
oxide (CO) which is odorless and colorless. Carbon
Monoxide is poisonous and can cause serious in-
jury or death when inhaled.
• Keep Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters
away from children. Operation of the Remote Start
System, windows, door locks or other controls
could cause serious injury or death.
Remote Start Abort Message On Electronic
Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) — If Equipped
The following messages will display in the EVIC if the
vehicle fails to remote start or exits remote start prema-
• Remote Start Aborted — Door Ajar
• Remote Start Aborted — Hood Ajar
• Remote Start Aborted — Fuel Low
• Remote Start Aborted — L/Gate Ajar
• Remote Start Disabled — Start Vehicle To Reset
The EVIC message stays active until the ignition is turned
to the ON/RUN position.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE