• For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, the Remote
Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled by perform-
ing the following steps:
1. Perform this operation while standing outside the
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer
than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the UNLOCK
button while still holding the LOCK button.
3. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by press-
ing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE trans-
mitter with the ignition switch in the OFF position and
the Key Fob removed.
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmit-
ter while you are inside the vehicle will activate the
Vehicle Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle
Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound.
Press the UNLOCK button to deactivate the Vehicle
Remote Lock Doors And Liftgate
Press and release the LOCK button on the RKE transmit-
ter to lock all doors and liftgate. The turn signal lights
will flash and the horn will chirp to acknowledge the
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE