• Unequal tire pressures from one side of the vehicle
to the other can cause the vehicle to drift to the
right or left.
• Always drive with each tire inflated to the recom-
mended cold tire inflation pressure.
Improper inflation pressures can cause uneven wear pat-
terns to develop across the tire tread. These abnormal wear
patterns will reduce tread life resulting in a need for earlier
tire replacement. Under-inflation also increases tire rolling
resistance resulting in higher fuel consumption.
Ride Comfort And Vehicle Stability
Proper tire inflation contributes to a comfortable ride.
Over-inflation produces a jarring and uncomfortable
ride. Both underinflation and over-inflation affect the
stability of the vehicle and can produce a feeling of
sluggish response or over responsiveness in the steering.
• Unequal tire pressures from side to side may cause
erratic and unpredictable steering response.
• Unequal tire pressure from side to side may cause the
vehicle to drift left or right.
Tire Inflation Pressures
The proper cold tire inflation pressure is listed on the
driver’s side B-Pillar or rear edge of the driver’s side
At least once a month:
• Check and adjust tire pressure with a good quality
pocket-type pressure gauge. Do not make a visual
STARTING AND OPERATING