• Battery at an acceptable charge level
• RKE PANIC button not pressed
• System not disabled from previous remote start event
• Vehicle theft alarm not active
• Ignition in Off position (Keyless Enter-N-Go™)
• Do not start or run an engine in a closed garage or
confined area. Exhaust gas contains Carbon Mon-
oxide (CO) which is odorless and colorless. Carbon
Monoxide is poisonous and can cause serious in-
jury or death when inhaled.
• Keep Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters away
from children. Operation of the Remote Start Sys-
tem, windows, door locks or other controls could
cause serious injury or death.
To Enter Remote Start Mode
Press and release the REMOTE START button on
the RKE transmitter twice within five seconds.
The vehicle doors will lock, the parking lights
will flash and horn will chirp twice (if pro-
grammed). Then, the engine will start and the vehicle will
remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15-minute cycle.
• If an engine fault is present the vehicle will start and
then shut down 10 seconds later.
• The park lamps will turn on and remain on during
Remote Start mode.
• For security, power window and power sunroof op-
eration (if equipped) are disabled when the vehicle is
in the Remote Start mode.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE