Changes or modifications not expressly approved
by the party responsible for compliance could void the
user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your RKE transmitter fails to operate from a normal
distance, check for these two conditions:
1. A weak battery in the transmitter. The expected life of
the battery is a minimum of three years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB
REMOTE STARTING SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED
This system uses the Remote Keyless Entry
(RKE) transmitter to start the engine conve-
niently from outside the vehicle while still
maintaining security. The system has a range of
approximately 300 ft (91 m).
• The vehicle must be equipped with an automatic
transmission to be equipped with Remote Start.
• Obstructions between the vehicle and the Key Fob may
reduce this range.
How To Use Remote Start
All of the following conditions must be met before the
engine will remote start:
• Shift lever in PARK
• Doors closed
• Hood closed
• Hazard switch off
• Brake switch inactive (brake pedal not pressed)
• Ignition key removed from ignition switch
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE