Canadian/Gate Operator Programming
For programming transmitters in Canada/United States
that require the transmitter signals to “time-out” after
several seconds of transmission.
Canadian radio frequency laws require transmitter sig-
nals to time-out (or quit) after several seconds of trans-
mission – which may not be long enough for HomeLink®
to pick up the signal during programming. Similar to this
Canadian law, some U.S. gate operators are designed to
time-out in the same manner.
It may be helpful to unplug the device during the cycling
process to prevent possible overheating of the garage
door or gate motor.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position.
2. Place the hand - held transmitter 1 to 3 inches (3 to 8
cm) away from the HomeLink® button you wish to
3. Simultaneously press and hold both the Homelink®
button while you press and release (“cycle”), your
hand - held transmitter every two seconds.
4. Continue to hold buttons until the EVIC display
changes from “CHANNEL # TRAINING” to “CHAN-
NEL # TRAINED,” then release both buttons.
• It may take up to 30 seconds or longer in some cases
for the channel to train.
• If the EVIC displays “DID NOT TRAIN” repeat from
5. Press and hold the programmed HomeLink® button.
The EVIC will display “CHANNEL # TRANSMIT.” If
the device is plugged in and activates, programming is
If you unplugged the garage door opener/device for
programming, plug it back in at this time.
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE