ParkSense® System Usage Precautions
• Ensure that the rear bumper is free of snow, ice, mud,
dirt and debris to keep the ParkSense® system oper-
• Jackhammers, large trucks, and other vibrations could
affect the performance of ParkSense®.
• When you turn ParkSense® off in DRIVE, the instru-
ment cluster will display
ЉPARK ASSIST SYSTEM
Љ for five seconds. Furthermore, once you turn
ParkSense® off, it remains off until you turn it on
again, even if you cycle the ignition key.
• When you move the shift lever to the REVERSE
position and ParkSense® is turned off, the EVIC will
display “PARK ASSIST SYSTEM OFF” message for as
long as the vehicle is in REVERSE.
• ParkSense®, when on, will MUTE the radio when it is
sounding a tone.
• Clean the ParkSense® sensors regularly, taking care
not to scratch or damage them. The sensors must not
be covered with ice, snow, slush, mud, dirt or debris.
Failure to do so can result in the system not working
properly. The ParkSense® system might not detect an
obstacle behind the fascia/bumper, or it could provide
a false indication that an obstacle is behind the fascia/
• Ensure the ParkSense® system is OFF if objects such as
bicycle carriers, trailer hitches, etc., are placed within
30 cm from the rear fascia/bumper. Failure to do so
can result in the system misinterpreting a close object
as a sensor problem, causing the “SERVICE PARK
ASSIST SYSTEM” message to be displayed in the
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE