• Never place or install floor mats or other floor
coverings in the vehicle that cannot be properly
secured to prevent them from moving and interfer-
ing with the pedals or the ability to control the
• Never put floor mats or other floor coverings on top
of already installed floor mats. Additional floor
mats and other coverings will reduce the size of the
pedal area and interfere with the pedals.
• Check mounting of mats on a regular basis. Always
properly reinstall and secure floor mats that have
been removed for cleaning.
• Always make sure that objects cannot fall into the
driver footwell while the vehicle is moving. Objects
can become trapped under the brake pedal and
accelerator pedal causing a loss of vehicle control.
• If required, mounting posts must be properly in-
stalled, if not equipped from the factory.
Failure to properly follow floor mat installation or
mounting can cause interference with the brake
pedal and accelerator pedal operation causing loss of
control of the vehicle.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE