Automatic Compass Calibration
This compass is self-calibrating, which eliminates the
need to calibrate the compass manually. When the ve-
hicle is new, the compass may appear erratic and the
EVIC will flash the “CAL” indicator until the compass is
calibrated. You may calibrate the compass by completing
one or more 360–degree turns (in an area free from large
metal or metallic objects) until the CAL indicator in the
EVIC turns off. The compass will now function normally.
A good calibration requires a level surface and an
environment free from large metallic objects such as
buildings, bridges, underground cables, railroad tracks,
Manual Compass Calibration
If the compass appears erratic or inaccurate, and the
variance has been properly set, you may wish to manu-
ally recalibrate the compass. To manually calibrate the
1. Start the engine. Leave the shift lever in PARK in order
to enter the EVIC Programming Menus.
2. Press and release the MENU button until “Personal
Settings” displays in the EVIC.
3. Press and release the DOWN button until “Calibrate
Compass Yes” displays in the EVIC.
4. Press and release the SELECT button and the “CAL”
indicator will start flashing.
5. Drive the vehicle slowly (under 5 mph/8 km/h),
completing one or more circles (in an area free from
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL