Your vehicle has a removable engine cover.
To remove the engine cover do the following:
1. Remove the engine cover insert if your vehicle has
one. See “Engine Cover Insert” following for
2. Unscrew the three bolts from the engine and lift off
3. To reinstall the engine cover, reverse the steps.
Engine Cover Insert
Your vehicle may have an
engine cover insert.
The engine cover insert must be removed to access the
bolts that secure the engine cover to the vehicle.
Use the following procedure to remove the engine cover
1. Using a ﬂat-bladed tool, lift up on the front outboard
edges of the engine cover insert to release the clips.
2. Slide the engine cover insert rearward to release the
insert from the two hooks located at the rear
outboard edges of the insert.
3. Lift off the engine cover insert.
4. To reinstall the insert, reverse the steps.