Cleaning of Fabric/Carpet
Your dealer has cleaners for the cleaning of fabric and
carpet. They will clean normal spots and stains very
well. You can get GM
approved cleaning products from
your dealer. See “Appearance Care and Materials” in
Here are some cleaning tips:
D Always read the instructions on the cleaner label.
D Clean up stains as soon as you can
before they set.
D Carefully scrape off any excess stain.
D Use a clean cloth or sponge, and change to a
clean area often. A soft brush may be used if
stains are stubborn.
D If a ring forms on fabric after spot cleaning, clean the
entire area immediately or it will set.
Using Cleaner on Fabric
1. Vacuum and brush the area to remove any loose dirt.
2. Always clean a whole trim panel or section. Mask
surrounding trim along stitch or welt lines.
3. Follow the directions on the container label.
4. Apply cleaner with a clean sponge. Don’t saturate
the material and don’t rub it roughly.
5. As soon as you’ve cleaned the section, use a sponge
to remove any excess cleaner.
6. Wipe cleaned area with a clean, water
towel or cloth.
7. Wipe with a clean cloth and let dry.
Special Fabric Cleaning Problems
Stains caused by such things as catsup, coffee (black),
egg, fruit, fruit juice, milk, soft drinks, vomit, urine and
blood can be removed as follows:
1. Carefully scrape off excess stain, then sponge the
soiled area with cool water.
2. If a stain remains, follow the cleaner instructions
3. If an odor lingers after cleaning vomit or urine,
treat the area with a water/baking soda solution:
1 teaspoon (5 ml) of baking soda to 1 cup (250 ml)
of lukewarm water.
4. Let dry.