Casio EXILIM EX-ZR700, EXILIM EX-ZR710, EXILIM EX-ZR750 User Guide
• Never apply too much force when cleaning the surface of the lens. Doing so can
scratch the lens surface and cause malfunction.
• You may sometimes notice some distortion in certain types of images, such as a
slight bend in lines that should be straight. This is due to the characteristics of
lenses, and does not indicate malfunction of the camera.
Caring for your camera
• Never touch the lens or flash window with your fingers. Finger smudges, dirt, and
other foreign matter on the lens or flash window can interfere with proper operation
of the camera. Use a blower or other means to keep the lens and flash window free
of dirt and dust, and wipe gently with a soft, dry cloth.
• To clean the camera, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth.
Old Rechargeable Battery Handling Precautions
• Insulate the positive and negative terminals with tape, etc.
• Do not peel the covering off of the battery.
• Do not try to take the battery apart.
Discarding or Transferring Ownership of a Memory Card or the
The format and delete functions of the camera do not actually delete files from the
memory card. The original data remains on the card. Note that responsibility for the
data on a memory card lies with you. The following procedures are recommended
whenever you discard a memory card or the camera, or if you transfer ownership to
• When discarding a memory card, either physically destroy the memory card or use
commercially available data delete software to completely delete the data on the
• When transferring ownership of a memory card to another party, use commercially
available data deletion software to completely delete the data on it.
• Use the format function (page 162) to completely delete the data in built-in memory
before discarding or transferring ownership of the camera.
The camera becomes slightly warm during use. This is normal and does not indicate