Canon VIXIA HF R70, VIXIA HF R700, VIXIA HF R72 Instruction Manual
Recording Settings and Shooting Modes
With the optimized settings in 9 mode, baby’s skin will appear with
vibrant clarity. In addition, you can add a stamp to the video to show
how much time has passed since baby was born.
* Even if the video format was set to MP4, when you change the shooting mode
to 9, the video format will automatically change to AVCHD.
• When the shooting mode is set to 9, pre-recording (A 238)
will be activated and cannot be turned off. That way, you will
not miss memorable moments.
• You can play back recordings made in 9 mode from the 
or [y] index screen. The Baby album ( index screen) is
particularly convenient because it contains, in chronological
order, only the scenes recorded in 9 mode.
• When the shooting mode is set to 9, dual recording
(N only) and recording in 60P are not available.
• When the shooting mode is set to 9, most advanced set-
tings will not be available but you can use the decoration
function (A 95).
Touch the shooting mode button (A 82)