Canon VIXIA HF S10, VIXIA HF S100 Instruction Manual
Special Scene Recording Programs
Recording in a very bright ski resort or capturing the full colors of a
sunset or a fireworks display becomes as easy as selecting a Special
Scene recording program. For details about the available options, refer
to page 61.
to display the Special Scene (SCN) recording
Desired recording program
- Moving subjects may leave a trailing afterimage.
- Picture quality may not be as good as in other modes.
- White points may appear on the screen.
- Autofocus may not work as well as in other modes. In such case,
adjust the focus manually.
- To avoid camcorder blur (blur due to the camcorder moving) we
recommend using a tripod.
mode, slower shutter speeds are used so blur is more likely to
occur. Stabilize the camcorder, for example, by mounting it on a
Snow]: The picture may not
appear smooth during playback.
Portrait]: The blur effect of the background increases the more you
zoom in (T).
Beach]: The subject may become overexposed on
cloudy days or in shaded places. Check the image on the screen.