Why does height and shape
of bread differ in each loaf?
Height and shape of bread may differ depending on the ingredients, room temperature and
length of timer cycle. also, accurate measurement of ingredients is essential to make delicious
Bread has unusual aroma.
stale ingredients may have been used or too much yeast may have been used. always use fresh
ingredients. accurate measurements are essential to make delicious bread.
kneading paddle comes out
This can happen, as kneading paddle is detachable. Use the paddle removal key or a nonmetal
utensil to remove it.
Caution: Kneading paddle will be hot. Allow bread to cool before removing paddle.
Bread has floured corners.
sometimes flour in the corners of the bread pan may not have been completely kneaded into
dough. scrape it off the loaf with a knife. Check bread about 10 minutes into kneading cycle.
if all flour is not incorporated, use a rubber spatula to remove the flour from the sides of the
bread pan so it can be incorporated into the dough.
Can ingredients be halved
NO. if there is too little in bread pan, kneading paddle cannot knead well enough. if there is
too much, bread rises out of bread pan.
Can fresh milk be used
in place of dry milk?
yES. Be sure to decrease same measurement of water to equal liquid substitution.
fresh milk is not recommended when using delay bake timer, because it may spoil while
sitting in bread pan.
© 2010 applica Consumer Products, inc.
Made in People’s republic of China
Printed in People’s republic of China
for service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance,
call the appropriate 800 number on cover of this book. Please
DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. also,
please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring
it to a service center. You may also want to consult the website
listed on the cover of this manual.
Two-year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• any defect in material or workmanship provided; however,
applica’s liability will not exceed the purchase price of
For how long?
• Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product
that is either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
• save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.
com/applica, or call toll-free 1-800-231-9786, for general
• if you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with
• shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement
of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however,
that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may
not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also
have other rights that vary from state to state or province