BenQ DC 3400 User’s Manual
1. Open the lens cover. The power turns on automatically.
2. Set the Mode dial to Snapshot
mode to take still
mode to shoot video.
3. Switch the Focus Range switch to either Macro (for
subjects between 0.3m to 0.4m from the lens) or Normal
(for subjects beyond 1.0m).
4. Frame the shot in the LCD, hold the camera still, and
press the Shutter button.
5. The Indicator LED starts blinking immediately after the Shutter button is
6. When the Indicator LED stops blinking you can take another shot or recording.
Setting the Snapshot Mode
The DC 3400 supports three different snapshot modes.
1. Set the Mode dial to Snapshot
2. Set the Focus Range switch to either Macro
mode. Use Macro
mode if the subject is between 0.3m
and 0.4m from the camera lens. Use Normal mode if the
subject is more than 1.0m from the lens.
3. The LCD Display button has three functions: to turn the display on with all
icons visible, to turn the display on with only the function mode icon visible,
and to turn the display off. Press the button until all icons appear on the dis-
Note: If you forget to open the lens cover, a “Lens Cover Closed” icon
appears on the LCD display. Open the cover to proceed.
Single Shot mode: records a single still image when the shutter button is
Self-Timer mode: records a single still image ten seconds after the shutter
button is pressed.
Burst mode: records three still images in quick succession (approx. one
photo every 0.1 seconds at 1600x1200) immediately after the shutter button is
Note: If macro is on, the macro
icon appears on the bottom right corner of the