To search by name
1. Press DIR in idle mode to show the first listing in the directory.
DIRECTORY EMPTY appears if there are no directory entries.
2. When a name entry appears, press the dial pad keys (2-9) to start a name
The directory shows the first name beginning with the first letter
associated with the dial pad key if there is an entry in the directory that
begins with that letter.
3. To see other names that start with the letters on the same dial pad key,
keep pressing the key. The names appear in alphabetical order.
For example, if you have the names Jennifer, Jessie, Kevin and Linda in your
If you press 5 (JKL) once, Jennifer displays.
If you press 5 (JKL) twice, Jessie displays.
If you press 5 (JKL) three times, Kevin displays.
If you press 5 (JKL) four times, Linda displays.
If you press 5 (JKL) five times, Jennifer displays again.
1. If there is no name matching the first letter of the key you press, the directory
shows a name that matches the following letters of the key.
2. If you press a key (2-9) and no name starts with the letters on that key, the
directory shows the entry that matches the next letter in the directory.