ASUS V-series P5G41E
To update the BIOS using EZ Flash 2:
1. Visit the ASUS website (www.asus.com) to download the latest BIOS file for
2. Save the BIOS file to a USB flash disk, then restart the system.
3. You can launch the EZ Flash 2 by two methods.
The ASUS EZ Flash 2 feature allows you to update the BIOS without having to go
through the long process of booting from a floppy disk and using a DOS-based
utility. The EZ Flash 2 utility is built-in the BIOS chip so it is accessible by pressing
<Alt> + <F2> during the Power-On Self Tests (POST).
(2) Enter BIOS setup program. Go to the Tools menu to select EZ.Flash2
and press <Enter> to enable it.
You can switch between drives by pressing <Tab> before the correct file
is found. Then press <Enter>.
4. When the correct BIOS file is found, EZ Flash 2 performs the BIOS update
process and automatically reboots the system when done.
(1) Insert the USB flash disk that contains the BIOS file to the the USB port.
Press <Alt> + <F2> during POST to display the following.
• This function can support devices such as USB flash disk with
format and single partition only.
• Do not shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS to prevent
system boot failure!
ASUSTek EZ Flash 2 BIOS ROM Utility V3.44
[Enter] Select or Load [Tab] Switch [V] Drive Info
[Up/Down/Home/End] Move [B] Backup [Esc] Exit