Care & Cleaning
• Before you lift or reposition your monitor, it is better to disconnect the cables
and power cord. Follow the correct lifting techniques when positioning the
monitor. When lifting or carrying the monitor, grasp the edges of the monitor.
Do not lift the display by the stand or the cord.
• Cleaning. Turn your monitor off and unplug the power cord. Clean the monitor
surface with a lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. Stubborn stains may be removed
with a cloth dampened with mild cleaner.
• Avoid using a cleaner containing alcohol or acetone. Use a cleaner intended
for use with the LCD. Never spray cleaner directly on the screen, as it may drip
inside the monitor and cause an electric shock.
The following symptoms are normal with the monitor:
• The screen may flicker during the initial use due to the nature of the fluorescent
light. Turn off the Power Switch and turn it on again to make sure that the
• You may find slightly uneven brightness on the screen depending on the
desktop pattern you use.
• When the same image is displayed for hours, an afterimage of the previous
screen may remain after switching the image. The screen will recover slowly or
you can turn off the Power Switch for hours.
• When the screen becomes black or flashes, or cannot work anymore, contact
your dealer or service center to fix it. Do not repair the screen by yourself!
Conventions used in this guide
WARNING: Information to prevent injury to yourself when trying to
complete a task.
CAUTION: Information to prevent damage to the components when trying
to complete a task.
IMPORTANT: Information that you MUST follow to complete a task.
NOTE: Tips and additional information to aid in completing a task.