Frigidaire FFGH3054US User Guide
Bookmarks and Contents
Bookmarks and Contents
Frigidaire FFGH3054US User Guide
Cover of FrigidaireRanges FFGH3054US User Guide
List of Contents
Table of contents
Record model & serial numbers here
Serial Plate Location
Visit the Frigidaire web site at www.frigidaire.com
Read this Use & Care Manual
If You Received a Damaged Range...
Save Time and Money
Product Record and Registration
Important Safety Instructions
Assembly of the burner caps
1. Remove all packing material from the cooktop area.
2. Make sure burner caps are properly placed on the surface burners.
3. Unpack the burner grates and position them on the cooktop.
4. Discard all packing material.
Figure 1: Burner caps and burner heads
Figure 2: Proper burner cap placement
Figure 3: Gently move cap for proper placement
Install burner grates
Figure 4: Proper grate installation
Using Proper Cookware
Figure 5: Testing cookware
Figure 6: Proper cookware
Cookware Material Types
Gas surface burner types
Before Setting Surface Controls
Setting surface controls
1. Place cooking utensil on center of surface burner grate. Be sure the cooking utensil rests stable on the burner grate.
2. Push the burner’s surface control knob in and turn counterclockwise out of the OFF position (Figure 7).
3. Release the surface control knob and rotate to the LITE position (). Visually check that the burner has a steady gas flame.
4. Once the surface burner has a flame, push the surface control knob in and turn counterclockwise to the desired flame size setting. Adjust the flame as needed using the knob markings.
Figure 7: Surface control knob
Set proper burner flame size
Figure 8: Flame settings
Figure 9: Recommended flame settings for cooking
Setting Surface Controls
Oven Vent Location
Figure 10: Oven vent
Types of oven racks
Figure 11: Oven rack types
Removing, replacing, and arranging flat oven racks
Before Setting Oven Controls
1. Control Lock - Use to lock all oven controls. (Locks oven door and controls on Self Clean model.)
2. Bake - Use to select bake feature.
3. Broil - Use to set Broil feature.
4. Oven Light - Use to turn on oven light when checking on food. Turns on when the oven door is open.
5. Self Clean - Use to with arrow keys to set self clean cycle of 2 or 3 hours.
6. Set Clock - Use with arrow keys to set the time of day.
7. Oven on indicator light - Glows each time the oven turns on to maintain the set oven temperature.
8. Preheat light - The preheat light will glow when the oven is preheating.
9. Door locked - The door locked light will flash when the oven door locks and unlocks, and remain on when the self clean cycle feature is active.
10. Up and Down arrows - Use with the control keys to set oven temperature, bake time, start time, clean time, and setting or adjusting the clock and minute timer.
11. Timer on-off - Use to set or cancel the minute timer.
12. Bake Time - Enters the length of baking time desired.
13. OFF - Use to clear any feature except the time of day and minute timer.
14. Start Time - Used with Bake and Self Clean to set a delayed starting time.
Setting the Clock
1. Press Set Clock once (do not hold clock key down).
2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold or until the correct time of day appears in the display.
Temperature display (Fahrenheit/Celsius)
Changing between continuous bake setting or 12- hour energy saving feature
1. Press and hold Timer on-off for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. — — hr will appear in the display for continuous cooking. The current time of day will return to the display.
2. To cancel the continuous bake setting, press Timer on- off and hold for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. 12 hr will appear in display indicating that the control has returned to the 12-hour energy saving feature.
Setting a silent control panel
1. Press and hold Start Time for 6 seconds. The control will beep once and release the key.
2. The controls are now set for silent operation.
1. Press and hold Start Time again for 6 seconds until the control beeps once and release the key.
2. The control is now set for audible operation.
Setting oven lock
1. Press OFF and hold for 6 seconds. Loc will appear in display, the door locked indicator light will flash, and the motor driven door lock will begin to close on the Self Clean model. Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock. Once the oven d...
2. To cancel the Oven Lock feature, press OFF and hold for 6 seconds. Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock. Once the oven door is locked, the current time of day will appear in the display. The control will unlock the oven door and resume...
Operating oven light
Setting the minute timer
1. Press Timer on-off.
2. Press to increase time in one-minute increments. Press and hold to increase time in 10-minute increments. The timer can be set for any amount of time from 1 minute to 11 hours and 59 minutes.
3. When the desired time appears in the display, release the . The timer will begin to countdown in about 5 seconds.
4. To turn the timer off at any time Press Timer on-off.
5. When the set time ends, the timer will beep three times and will continue to beep three times every minute until Timer on-off is pressed.
Figure 12: Pan positions two rack baking
1. Press Bake. — — — appears in the display.
2. Within 5 seconds, press or. The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments.
3. When a key is released, the oven will begin heating to the selected temperature. When the oven reaches the set temperature, the preheat indicator light will turn off and the control will beep three times.
4. To cancel the baking function, press OFF.
1. Press Bake.
2. Press or to increase or decrease to a new temperature. The oven indicator light on the electronic display will turn on and off when using the bake feature and during preheat. This is normal and indicates that the oven is cycling to maintain the se...
Figure 13: Rack positions for visible bake and hidden bake elements
Setting Bake Time
1. Be sure the clock is set to the correct time of day.
2. Place the food in the oven.
3. Press Bake. — — — ° appears in the display.
4. Within 5 seconds, press or . The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments,
5. Press Bake Time.0:00 will appear in the display.
6. Press or until the desired baking time appears in the display.
7. The oven will turn on and begin heating.
1. End will appear in the display, and the oven will shut off automatically.
2. The control will beep three times every 60 seconds as a reminder until OFF is pressed.
Setting Start Time (delayed start)
1. Be sure that the clock displays the correct time of day.
2. Place food in the oven.
3. Press Bake. — — — ° appears in the display. Within 5 seconds, press or . The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments.
4. Press Bake Time. 0:00 will appear in the display.
5. Press or until desired baking time appears.
6. Press Start Time. The time of day will appear in the display.
7. Press or until the desired start time appears in the display.
8. Once the controls are set, the control calculates the time when baking will stop. The oven will turn on at the delayed start time and begin heating.
1. Press the function you want to change.
2. Press or to adjust the setting.
1. Arrange the oven rack while oven is still cool.
2. Press Broil. — — will appear in display.
3. Press for HI broil or for LO broil. Most foods may be broiled at the HI broil setting. Select the LO broil setting to avoid excess browning or drying of foods that should be cooked to the well-done stage.
4. For optimum results, preheat broil for 2-to-5 minutes before adding food.
5. Place the insert on the broil pan (if equipped), then place the food on the broil pan insert (if using a broiler pan and insert).
6. Place the broiler pan and insert on the oven rack. Broil with the oven door closed.
7. Broil on one side until food is browned. Turn and broil food on other side.
8. When broiling is finished press OFF.
Figure 14: Rack positions; Broil pan and insert
Table 1: Broil recommendations
Figure 15: Clean around the oven door gasket
To set a self clean cycle:
1. Press Self Clean. --- appears in the display.
2. Press until 3:00 appears in the display for a 3 hour self clean process, or push until 2:00 appears in the display for a 2 hour self clean process.
3. As soon as the controls are set, the motor driven lock will begin to close automatically and the door locked indicator light will flash. Do not open the oven door while the light is flashing (allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock).
4. CLn will appear in the display during the self clean cycle, and the door locked light will glow until the self cleaning cycle is complete or cancelled and the oven temperature has cooled.
To stop or interrupt a self clean cycle (once it has been activated):
1. Press OFF.
2. Once the oven has cooled down for about 1 hour and the door locked light has turned off, the oven door can be opened.
3. Restart the self clean cycle once all conditions have been corrected.
1. Press Start Time and scroll to 9 0 0 and release key.
2. Press Self Clean. --- appears in the display.
3. Press until 3:00 appears in the display for a 3 hour self clean process, or push until 2:00 appears in the display for a 2 hour self clean process.
4. The motor driven lock will begin to close automatically and the door locked indicator light will flash. Do not open the oven door while the light is flashing (allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock).
5. CLn will appear in the display during the self clean cycle, and the door locked light will glow until the self cleaning cycle is complete or cancelled and the oven temperature has cooled.
Adjusting the oven temperature
1. Press Bake.
2. Set the temperature to 550°F (287°C) by pressing and holding .
3. Within 3 seconds, press and hold Bake until numeric digit(s) appear. Release Bake key. The display now indicates the amount of degrees offset between the original factory temperature setting and the current temperature setting. If the oven control...
4. The temperature can now be adjusted up or down 35°F (19°C), in 5°F (1°C) increments. Press and hold to adjust the temperature higher until the desired amount of offset appears in the display. When lowering the oven temperature using , a minus ...
5. When you have made the desired adjustment, press OFF to go back to the time of day display.
Setting Oven Controls
Figure 16: Use cleaners with caution
Cleaning the sealed burners
1. Remove the burner cap from the burner head (see Figure 17). Clean the cap with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly.
Figure 17: Burner Cap
2. For burned-on and dried spills, apply hot soapy water to the burner head. Allow time for the soils to soften.
Figure 18: Sealed burner components
3. Use a toothbrush to clean all over the burner head (see Figure 18).
4. Use the toothbrush to clean the slots and holes in the burner (see Figure 18).
5. Use a needle or fine wire to clean out the ignition port (see Figure 18).
6. Wipe the burner head clean with a soft, clean cloth, sponge, or scratch-free cleaning pad.
7. Before using the cooktop again, make sure the burner caps are properly placed and seated on the burner heads. When placed correctly, the burner cap is centered on the burner head and will click into place on the burner head. You can wiggle the cap...
Remove and replace storage drawer (some models)
Replacing the oven interior light bulb
1. Turn electrical power off at the main source or unplug the appliance.
2. Remove the interior oven light shield after removing the wire holder by carefully moving the wire to the side of the glass shield. The tension from the wire holds the glass shield in place.
3. Pull the shield straight out. Do not twist or turn.
4. Replace the bulb with a new appliance bulb.
5. Replace the glass oven light shield. Replace wire holder.
6. Turn the power back on again at the main source (or plug the appliance back in).
7. Be sure to reset the time of day on the clock.
Figure 19: Oven light protected by glass shield
Removing and Replacing the Oven Door
1. Open oven door completely, horizontal with floor (See Figure 20).
2. Pull the door hinge locks on both left and right door hinges down from the oven frame completely towards the oven door (See Figure 21). A tool such as a small flat-blade screwdriver may be required.
3. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 22).
4. Close the door to approximately 10 degrees from the door frame (See Figure 22).
5. Lift the oven door hinge arms over the roller pins located on each side of the oven frame (See Figure 23).
1. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 22).
2. Holding the oven door at the same angle as the removal position, seat the hook of the hinge arm over the roller pins located on each side of the oven door frame (See Figure 22 and Figure 23). The hook of the hinge arms must be fully seated onto th...
3. Fully open the oven door, horizontal with floor (See Figure 20).
4. Push the door hinge locks up towards and into the oven frame on both left and right oven door hinges to the locked position (See Figure 21).
5. Close the oven door.
Figure 20: Door hinge location
Figure 21: Door hinge locks
Figure 22: Holding door for removal
Figure 23: Replacement and location of hinge arm and roller pin
Care and Cleaning
Solutions to Common Problems:
Self Clean Problems
Before You Call
Bookmarks and Contents
List of Contents
Back to Top