Frigidaire FFGW2426UB, FFGW2426US User Guide
Bookmarks and Contents
PDF / 4.5 Mb / 32 pages
Frigidaire FFGW2426UB,FFGW2426US User Guide
Cover of FrigidaireOvens FFGW2426UB,FFGW2426US User Guide
List of Contents
Table of contents
Record model & serial numbers here
Serial Plate Location
Visit the Frigidaire web site at www.frigidaire.com
Read this Use & Care Manual
If You Received a Damaged Range...
Save Time and Money
Product Record and Registration
Important Safety Instructions
Oven Vent Location
Figure 1: Oven vent location
Figure 2: Oven rack types
Before Setting Oven Controls
1. Oven Light - Use to turn on internal oven light when checking on food.
2. Bake - Use bake for cooking most foods at normal cooking temperatures.
3. Set Clock - Use with up/down arrows to set the time of day.
4. Broil - Use broil to cook foods that require direct exposure to radiant heat.
5. Self Clean - Select self clean feature for 2,3 or 4 hours.
6. Oven indicator light - The oven light will glow each time the oven turns on to maintain the set oven temperature.
7. Preheat indicator light - The preheat light will glow when the oven is first set to operate, or if the desired temperature is reset higher than the actual oven temperature.
8. Door Locked - The door locked light flashes when the oven door locks and unlocks, the oven door lockout is active, or when self clean is active.
9. Up and Down arrows - Use with the feature or function pads to set oven temperature, bake time, start time, clean time (when programming an automatic start time), setting or adjusting the clock and minute timer.
10. Timer on-off - Use to set or cancel the timer. The timer does not start or stop the cooking process. Timer on-off is used to set the continuous bake function.
11. Bake Time - Use to set the baking time length.
12. OFF - Use to clear any feature previously entered except the time of day and minute timer. Press OFF to stop cooking. Also use OFF to activate oven lockout feature.
13. Start Time - Use to set the desired start time for baking and self clean. May be used with bake time to program a delayed timed bake.
LO 400°F (205°C)
HI 550°F (288°C)
Setting the Clock
1. Press Set Clock once (do not hold clock key down).
2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the or until the correct time of day appears in the display.
Changing Between Continuous Bake Setting or 12-Hour Energy Saving Feature
1. Press and hold timer on-off for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. The display will show — — hr for continuous cooking. The current time of day will return to the display.
2. To cancel the continuous bake setting, press and hold timer on-off for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. The display will again show 12 hr, indicating that the control has returned to the 12-Hour Energy Saving feature.
Changing the Temperature Display (F or C)
1. Press broil. The display will show — —.
2. Press and hold until HI appears in the display.
3. Press and hold broil until F or C appears in the display.
4. Press or to change to F or C.
5. Press any control key to return to normal operating mode.
Operating the Oven Light
1. Press Timer on-off.
2. Press to increase time in one minute increments. Press and hold to increase time in 10 minute increments. The timer can be set for any amount of time from 1 minute to 11 hours and 59 minutes.
3. When the set time ends, the timer will beep three times and will continue to beep three times every minute until timer on-off is pressed.
Setting oven lockout
1. Press OFF and hold for 6 seconds. Loc will appear in display, the door locked indicator light will flash, and the motor driven door lock will begin to close. Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock. Once the oven door is locked, the curre...
2. To cancel the Oven Lockout feature, press OFF and hold for 3 seconds. The control will unlock the oven door and resume normal operation.
1. Press bake. The display will show — — —.
2. Within 5 seconds, press or . The display will show 350°F (176°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments by pressing and holding the or .
3. When the key is released, the oven will begin heating to the selected temperature. When the displayed temperature reaches the set temperature, the preheat indicator light will turn off and the control will emit one long beep.
1. Press bake.
2. Press or to increase or decrease to a new temperature. The oven indicator light on the electronic display will turn on and off when using the bake feature and during preheat. This is normal and indicates that the oven is cycling to maintain the se...
3. To cancel baking press OFF.
Figure 3: Rack positions (L) and pan spacing (R)
Setting Bake Time
1. Be sure the clock is set to the correct time of day.
2. Place the food in the oven.
3. Press Bake. — — — ° appears in the display.
4. Within 5 seconds, press or . The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments,
5. Press Bake Time.0:00 will appear in the display.
6. Press or until the desired baking time appears in the display. Relase the key.
7. The oven will turn on and begin heating.
1. End will appear in the display, and the oven will shut off automatically.
2. The control will beep three times every 60 seconds as a reminder until OFF is pressed.
Setting Start Time (delayed start)
1. Be sure that the clock displays the correct time of day.
2. Place food in the oven.
3. Press Bake. — — — ° appears in the display. Within 5 seconds, press or . The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments.
4. Press Bake Time. 0:00 will appear in the display.
5. Press or until desired baking time appears.
6. Press Start Time. The time of day will appear in the display.
7. Press or until the desired start time appears in the display.
8. Once the controls are set, the control calculates the time when baking will stop. The oven will turn on at the delayed start time and begin heating.
1. Press the function you want to change.
2. Press or to adjust the setting.
1. Arrange the oven rack while oven is still cool.
2. Press broil. The display will show — —.
3. Press for HI broil or for LO broil. Most foods may be broiled at the HI broil setting.
4. For optimum results, preheat oven for 2 minutes before adding food.
5. Place the insert on the broil pan (if equipped), then place the food on the broil pan insert (See Figure 4).
6. Place the broiler pan and insert on the oven rack. Broil with oven door closed.
7. Broil on one side until food is browned. Turn and broil food on the other side.
Figure 4: Rack positions (L) Broil pan and insert (R)
Table 1: Suggested broil settings
Figure 5: Clean around the oven door gasket
To set a self clean cycle or a delayed start self clean cycle:
1. Be sure the clock displays the correct time of day.
2. Press Start Time. The: in the time of day will flash.
3. Press and hold to scroll to the time to start the delayed self clean cycle. Release the key when the desired time is displayed.
4. Press Self Clean. --- appears in the display.
5. Press until 3:00 or 4:00 appears in the display for a 3 or 4 hour self clean process, or push until 2:00 appears in the display for a 2 hour self clean process.
6. As soon as the controls are set, the motor driven lock will begin to close automatically and the door locked indicator light will flash. Do not open the oven door while the light is flashing (allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock).
7. CLn will appear in the display during the self clean cycle, and the door locked light will glow until the self cleaning cycle is complete or cancelled and the oven temperature has cooled.
1. The time of day will appear in the display window, and the Self Clean indicator light and Door Locked light will continue to glow.
2. Once the oven has cooled down for about 1 hour and the Door Locked light has gone out, the oven door may be opened.
3. To avoid possible burns, use care when opening the oven door after the self cleaning cycle. Stand to the side of the oven when opening the door to allow hot air or steam to escape.
To stop or interrupt a self clean cycle (once it has been activated):
1. Press OFF.
2. Once the oven has cooled down for about 1 hour and the door locked light has turned off, the oven door can be opened.
3. Restart the self clean cycle once all conditions have been corrected.
Adjusting the Oven Temperature
1. Press bake while the oven is idle.
2. Set the temperature to 550°F (288°C) by pressing and holding .
3. Within 3 seconds, press and hold bake until numeric digit(s) appear.
4. Release bake. The display now indicates the amount of degrees offset between the original factory temperature setting and the current temperature setting. If the oven control has the original factory calibration, the display will read 0.
5. The temperature can now be adjusted ±35°F (±19°C) in 5°F (1ºC) increments. Press and hold to adjust the temperature higher until the desired amount of offset appears in the display. When lowering the oven temperature press . A minus sign (-)...
6. When you have made the desired adjustment, press OFF to return to the time of day display.
Oven Controls Functions
Figure 6: Use cleaners with caution
Figure 7: Boiler pan with insert
Aluminum Foil, Aluminum Utensils, and Oven Liners
Replacing the Oven Light
1. Turn electrical power off at the main source or unplug the appliance.
2. Remove interior oven light shield by turning a quarter turn counter-clockwise.
3. Replace bulb with a new T-4 type Halogen 25 watt appliance bulb.
4. Replace glass oven light shield by rotating clockwise.
5. Turn power back on again at the main source (or plug the appliance back in).
6. Be sure to reset the time of day on the clock
Figure 8: Wall oven Halogen light
Removing and Replacing the Oven Door
1. Open oven door completely, horizontal with floor (See Figure 9).
2. Pull the door hinge locks on both left and right door hinges down from the oven frame completely towards the oven door (See Figure 10). A tool such as a small flat-blade screwdriver may be required.
3. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 11).
4. Close the door to approximately 10 degrees from the door frame (See Figure 11).
5. Lift the oven door hinge arms over the roller pins located on each side of the oven frame (See Figure 12).
1. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 11).
2. Holding the oven door at the same angle as the removal position, seat the hook of the hinge arm over the roller pins located on each side of the oven door frame (See Figure 11 and Figure 12). The hook of the hinge arms must be fully seated onto th...
3. Fully open the oven door, horizontal with floor (See Figure 9).
4. Push the door hinge locks up towards and into the oven frame on both left and right oven door hinges to the locked position (See Figure 10).
5. Close the oven door.
Figure 9: Door hinge location
Figure 10: Door hinge locks
Figure 11: Holding door for removal
Figure 12: Replacement and location of hinge arm and roller pin
Care and Cleaning
Solutions to Common Baking Problems
Solutions to Common Problems
Before You Call
Bookmarks and Contents
List of Contents
Back to Top