Frigidaire FFGF3016TB,FFGF3016TM,FFGF3016TS,FFGF3016TW,FFGF3052TB,FFGF3052TS,FFGF3052TW User Guide
Bookmarks and Contents
Bookmarks and Contents
Frigidaire FFGF3016TB,FFGF3016TM,FFGF3016TS User Guide
FFGF3016TB, FFGF3016TM, FFGF3016TS, FFGF3016TW, FFGF3052TB, FFGF3052TS, FFGF3052TW
Cover of FrigidaireRanges FFGF3016TB,FFGF3016TM,FFGF3016TS User Guide
List of Contents
Table of contents
Record model & serial numbers here
Serial Plate Location
Visit the Frigidaire web site at www.frigidaire.com
Read this Use & Care Manual
If You Received a Damaged Range...
Save Time and Money
Product Record and Registration
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING YOUR OVEN
Important Safety Instructions
Assembly of the burner caps
1. Remove all packing material from the cooktop area.
2. Make sure burner caps are properly placed on the surface burners.
3. Unpack the burner grates and position them on the cooktop.
4. Discard all packing material.
Figure 1: Burner caps and burner heads
Figure 2: Proper burner cap placement
Figure 3: Gently move cap for proper placement
Install burner grates
Figure 4: Proper grate installation
Using Proper Cookware
Figure 5: Testing cookware
Figure 6: Proper cookware
Cookware Material Types
Gas surface burner types
Before Setting Surface Controls
Setting surface controls
1. Place cooking utensil on center of surface burner grate. Be sure the cooking utensil rests stable on the burner grate.
2. Push the burner’s surface control knob in and turn counterclockwise out of the OFF position (Figure 7).
3. Release the surface control knob and rotate to the LITE position (). Visually check that the burner has a steady gas flame.
4. Once the surface burner has a flame, push the surface control knob in and turn counterclockwise to the desired flame size setting. Adjust the flame as needed using the knob markings.
Figure 7: Surface control knob
Set proper burner flame size
Figure 8: Flame settings
Figure 9: Recommended flame settings for cooking
Cooking with a griddle (some models)
Figure 10: Griddle
Using the griddle:
Setting Surface Controls
Oven Vent Location
Figure 11: Oven vent
Types of oven racks
Figure 12: Oven rack types
Removing, replacing, and arranging flat or offset oven racks
Before Setting Oven Controls
1. Bake - Use to select for all baking.
2. Broil - Use to select the broil feature. When broil is active the indicator light above the broil key will glow.
3. Timer On-Off - Use to set or cancel the minute timer. The minute timer does not start or stop cooking.
4. Set Clock - Use with up or down arrows to set the time of day.
5. OFF - Use to stop or to clear any feature previously entered except time of day and minute timer. Press OFF to stop cooking.
6. Up and Down arrow keys - Use with the feature or function pads to set oven temperature or to adjust the clock or minute timer.
Setting the Clock
1. Press Set Clock once (do not hold clock key down).
2. Within 5 seconds, press and hold or until the correct time of day appears in the display.
Temperature display (Fahrenheit/Celsius)
1. Press Broil until F or C appears in the display.
2. Press or to change °F to °C or °C to °F. To accept the change, wait 6 seconds until the oven control provides an acceptance beep.
3. The display will return to the time of day.
Changing between continuous bake setting or 12- hour energy saving feature
1. Press and hold Timer on-off for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. — — hr will appear in the display for continuous cooking. The current time of day will return to the display.
2. To cancel the continuous bake setting, press Timer on- off and hold for 6 seconds until a tone sounds. 12 hr will appear in display indicating that the control has returned to the 12-hour energy saving feature.
Operating oven light
Setting the minute timer
1. Press Timer on-off.
2. Press to increase time in one-minute increments. Press and hold to increase time in 10-minute increments. The timer can be set for any amount of time from 1 minute to 11 hours and 59 minutes.
1. Press Timer on-off once.
Figure 13: Pan spacing recommendations
1. Press Bake. — — — appears in the display.
2. Within 5 seconds, press or. The display will show 350°F (177°C). The temperature can then be adjusted in 5°F (1°C) increments.
3. When a key is released, the oven will begin heating to the selected temperature. When the oven reaches the set temperature, the preheat indicator light will turn off and the control will beep three times.
4. To cancel the baking function, press OFF.
1. Press Bake.
2. Press or to increase or decrease to a new temperature. The oven indicator light on the electronic display will turn on and off when using the bake feature and during preheat. This is normal and indicates that the oven is cycling to maintain the se...
Figure 14: Rack positions
Figure 15: Broil rack (L) Broil pan and insert (R)
1. Tilt rack slightly up.
2. Place extensions into the desired rear locating holes.
3. Lower front of rack into the slots in the front of the broiler drawer.
4. Make sure broil rack is level. (Figure 16)
5. Be sure rack is level before broiling.
Figure 16: Setting broil rack
1. Slide broiler drawer out until drawer stops. Arrange the oven rack while oven is still cool.
2. Press Broil. — — will appear in display.
3. Press for HI broil or for LO broil.
4. If using a broiler pan and insert, place the insert on the broil pan then place the food on the broil pan insert. The broiler pan and the insert allow grease to drain and be kept away from the high heat of the broiler.
5. Place the broiler pan and insert on the broil rack.
6. Broil on one side until food is browned. Turn and broil food on second side.
7. When broiling is finished press OFF.
Adjusting the oven temperature
1. Press and hold the Bake key and release when the display shows the factory temperature setting of 00. If the oven temperature has been previously adjusted from the factory setting, the last adjusted value will appear in the display instead.
2. The temperature can now be adjusted up +35°F (+19°C), in 5°F increments with each press of the key.
3. When lowering the oven temperature using the key, minus sign (-) will appear before the number to indicate that the oven will be cooler by the displayed amount of degrees.
4. To accept the change, wait for the oven control to provide an acceptance beep.
Setting Oven Controls
Figure 17: Use cleaners with caution
Cleaning the sealed burners
1. Remove the burner cap from the burner head (see Figure 18). Clean the cap with hot soapy water and dry thoroughly.
Figure 18: Burner Cap
2. For burned-on and dried spills, apply hot soapy water to the burner head. Allow time for the soils to soften.
Figure 19: Sealed burner components
3. Use a toothbrush to clean all over the burner head (see Figure 19).
4. Use the toothbrush to clean the slots and holes in the burner (see Figure 19).
5. Use a needle or fine wire to clean out the ignition port (see Figure 19).
6. Wipe the burner head clean with a soft, clean cloth, sponge, or scratch-free cleaning pad.
7. Before using the cooktop again, make sure the burner caps are properly placed and seated on the burner heads. When placed correctly, the burner cap is centered on the burner head and will click into place on the burner head. You can wiggle the cap...
Replacing the Oven Light
1. Turn electrical power off at the main source or unplug the appliance.
2. Replace the bulb with a new appliance bulb.
3. Turn the power back on again at the main source (or plug the appliance back in).
4. Be sure to reset the time of day on the clock.
Figure 20: Oven light
Removing and Replacing the Oven Door
1. Open oven door completely, horizontal with floor (See Figure 21).
2. Pull the door hinge locks on both left and right door hinges down from the oven frame completely towards the oven door (See Figure 22). A tool such as a small flat-blade screwdriver may be required.
3. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 23).
4. Close the door to approximately 10 degrees from the door frame (See Figure 23).
5. Lift the oven door hinge arms over the roller pins located on each side of the oven frame (See Figure 24).
1. Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (See Figure 23).
2. Holding the oven door at the same angle as the removal position, seat the hook of the hinge arm over the roller pins located on each side of the oven door frame (See Figure 23 and Figure 24). The hook of the hinge arms must be fully seated onto th...
3. Fully open the oven door, horizontal with floor (See Figure 21).
4. Push the door hinge locks up towards and into the oven frame on both left and right oven door hinges to the locked position (See Figure 22).
5. Close the oven door.
Figure 21: Door hinge location
Figure 22: Door hinge locks
Figure 23: Holding door for removal
Figure 24: Replacement and location of hinge arm and roller pin
Care and Cleaning
Solutions to Common Problems:
Gas Cooktop Problems
Before You Call
Bookmarks and Contents
List of Contents
Back to Top